MidrESHET HAYIL

MidrESHET HAYIL
The Daily Companion for the Sephardi Woman

Wednesday, June 5, 2013

A Few Sefirot Closer to Becoming an Eshet Hayil

BS''D
2 Iyar 5773

Join us this morning for BREAKFAST with REBBETZIN TZIPPORAH HELLER! 9am at MidrESHET HAYIL Seminary 429 Middle Neck Rd. Kol Yisrael Achim. Open to all ladies!!

Shabbat Kodesh Parashat Taazria-Messora

Hadlakat Nerot NY 7:13pm
Mossai Shabbat 8:16pm
Rabbenu Tam 8:45pm

Day Three of Week Three-Tiferet of Tiferet-Compassion within Compassion

How intense is our compassion? True compassion is limitless.....Compassion for another is achieved by having a selfless attitude, rising above yourself and placing yourself in the other person's situation and experience. Am I prepared and able to do that? If not, why?.... Is my compassion alive... or is it expressed only out of obligation? Is my compassion only a result of being a creature of habit who feels badly when another suffers, or do I actually apply myself to examine and refine my compassion, observing it's limitations and forms of expression? 

Exercise for the day: Express your compassion in a new way that goes beyond your previous limitations: express it towards someone to whom you have been callous.

For a Devar Torah on the Parashah, please visit www.flyingsoul-o.com

SHABBAT SHALOM UMEVORAKH!!!!

BS''D
4 Iyar 5773

Weren't able to make it to the Rebbetzin Tziporah Heller shiur this friday morning? Here is a video and audio recording of the shiur. Click here for audio and here for video. Enjoy!

Day Five of Week 3: Hod of Tiferet-Humilty within Compassion

"Compassion must include humility for it not to be condescending and pretentious. Hod is recognizing that my ability to be compassionate and giving does not make me better than the recipient; it is the acknowledgement and appreciation that by creating one who needs compassion G-d gave me the gift of being able to bestow compassion. Thus there is no place for haughtiness in compassion. Do I feel superior because I am compassionate? Do I look down at those that need my compassion? Am I humble and thankful to G-d for giving me the ability to have compassion for others?

Exercise for the day: Express compassion in an anonymous fashion, not taking any personal credit."

BS''D

5 Iyar 5773

Day 6 of week 3-Yesod of Tiferet-Bonding within Compassion

"For compassion to be fully realized, it needs bonding. It requires creating a channel between giver and receiver. A mutuality that extends beyond the moment of need. A bond that continues to live on. That is the most gratifying result of true compassion. Do you bond with the one you have compassion for, or do you remain apart? Does your interaction achieve anything beyond a single act of sympathy?

Exercise for the day: Ensure that something eternal is built as a result of your compassion."

**If you are interested in joining a GoSephardic trip to Eress Yisrael this summer for girls between18-22 with MidrESHET HAYIL, please email me back for more information! Todah Rabbah veKol Tuv!!!**


BS''D

8 Iyar 5773

Day Two of Week Four- Gevourah of Nessah-Discipline within Endurance

"Examine the discipline of your endurance. Endurance must be directed toward productive goals and expressed in a constructive manner. Is my endurance and determination focused to help cultivate good habits and break bad ones? Or is it the other way around? Does my endurance come from strength or weakness? Does it come out of deep conviction or out of defensiveness? Am I ever tenacious out of stubbornness and an unwillingness to acknowledge errors? Am I invested in certain decisions and not prepared to review them? Do I use my endurance against itself by being tenacious in my lack of determination?

Exercise for the day: Break one bad habit today."

*Many apologies for missing the past two days, BH it's good to be back! Kol Tuv!

--

MidrESHET Hayil 
  The Daily Companion for the Sephardi Woman
  www.midreshethayil.com  
  -Smile Eshet Hayil! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment